Mission Statement: We exist to promote wellness by providing learning and social opportunities in a supportive recreational setting for people with mental health issues.
We accomplish our mission by encouraging and supporting individuals to:
- Become active in the community.
- Build a social network whereby healthy relationships are fostered.
- Overcome barriers that hinder participation.
- Learn and acquire skills, which develop confidence, independence, and initiation.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle that enhances physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
- Advocate and express rights and freedom to make choices.
- Become a Volunteer, Leader or teach skills to others.
If you are new to the Recreation Program, you can meet with the Recreation Coordinator who will explain our various programs and will discuss suitable activities. A referral form from your doctor or mental health professional is required.
Some of our activities include:
- Coffee House
- Book Club
- Road Trips
- Arts and Crafts
- Walking Group
- Craft Corner
After the River Rafting
Check our monthly schedule for this month’s activities.
It is important to remember that to attend our recreation program, you must have current medical information on file with RCFC.
To contact our Recreation Coordinator to sign up for an activitiy call 6604-675-3977 extension 4.
If you wish to join our recreation program, and are a client of the Richmond Mental Health Team - ask your case manager for a referral.